Monday, October 03, 2005

My Dad, The Hospice, and the photograph.


My father is dying of cancer and congested heart failure. They seem to be racing to see which one will take him first. My first feel of the chilling touch of death in my immediate family. Many lessons being learned these days. Some are harsher then others. All are life changing.

The toughest part of it all is watching a man who all your life worked hard and never let anyone help him be reduced to laying in a bed, barely able to breath, needing help just to move up a few inches. He sleeps often, and the morphine is doing its job of dulling the pain. Unfortunately it also dulls the mind.

The toughest part for him I think after the initial realization that the only way he will leave this hospice is with a sheet pulled over his head I think is that he will miss my sisters wedding in November. He has set the goal of making it till then but I doubt he will.

Someday I will write more on the subject of my father, his illness and such this just is not the time. I am flamed out on it as one can imagine.

About the photograph above..........

At the Hospice (will talk later about that as well) I noticed families of the "residents" donated pictures, stereos, furniture and such after they had past. I was thinking of donating a photograph of mine to the hospice in my fathers honor. Those who have seen it found it fitting.
A little feedback would be appreciated by those who see it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home