Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Its not a dingy hat dear. Its a time capsule.



My favorite hat.

The wife has tried to get me to get rid of it but I just cant. She got it for me on our honeymoon and it has to many fond memories in each worn thread to be discarded. I am thinking of building it a little shrine but I think the wife would feel it a bit excessive.

Woman will never understand our attachments to old smelly loafers, thread bare flannel shirts, or dingy frayed ball caps. They become a part of us. Just like our scruffy beards, and beer bellies. They are urban battle scars. Each stain and tear is a moment in time with a story to tell.

" Oh that tear there?" Let me tell ya about that! Remember that night over at Dan's house? You know, the one with the 2 kegs and confiscated fireworks............"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home