Thursday, December 08, 2005

Gazer hits the motherload!


Today I took my Shannon out to dinner for her birthday a day early because of the impending snow storm heading our way. That is if in fact a storm is heading our way. The predictions for Monday were as dire as tomorrows and we saw nada in the snow department.
Anyway..............

After dinner we did a little Christmas shopping. After a few stores we wound up in Building #19 to browse and look for cheap odds and ends as we often do.

Folks the Ol' Gazer is becoming cheap. I know, I know, how could the famous Worcester Omphalos Gazer be considered cheap when he lives such an opulent lifestyle you are asking yourself. Let me say this, the older you get the cheaper you get, no way around it. And Building #19 gets even a cheap
man in the mood to shop.

I usually browse the book section, looking for basically anything that tickles my fancy. But today! Oh glorious day! I hit the mother load!

I walked into a photography book bonanza! I found my self pawing over various books of famous photographers. The wife for once felt what I often felt when she goes shopping....The vibrating credit card. She knew she was in trouble, I had my mojo workin' and there was no stopping me, only hopes to contain the damage.

To make a long story short I managed to buy a hundred dollars worth of excellent photography books for a mere thirty five bucks! Better yet, there are still some I left for another day. The books are as I write this being wrapped by my wife to be given to me in various ways for Christmas. I kept two to take the edge off waiting to see the rest. That was a five minute battle but eventually my wife gave in. Survivor had come on and I was pouting and bitching like a little kid. Eventually she decided to watch Survivor.................

We both won.

So I am going to give all a heads up.

If your into photography, and are cheap..............

Building #19 is where you can satisfy your addiction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home