Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving, Veterans Day Parade, and the cause of my odd nature.

Before I start yapping on about whatever it is I am going to yap on about I just wanted to wish everyone Happy Thanksgiving. I don't know about you but I have plenty to be thankfully for. I am blessed with a beautiful loving wife who is carrying our child. After 4 attempts, countless shots my Shannon had to endure, and a few tears, G*d has given us the gift of life.

Along with my Shannon came her family who have been nothing but great to me. Me and Mumzie may butt heads every once in a while but she is as rock solid as they come and a man could not ask for a better mother in law. Steve is trying to teach me when to just shut up and let things go. Its hard considering I have Henkins blood in me but I am beginning to see the wisdom in his teachings.



My sister is getting married to a great guy named Dean. Another solid person whom I admire. Good man. Heather has always been there for me whenever I needed her. She is the number 2 woman in my life. Amazing considering how much I tried to push her away when we were younger. One of us grew up and it wasn't me.


Though my father passed away I was given the chance to tell him I loved him and be there when he passed on to the next world. Not everyone gets that chance. I am thankfully for that too.





I am also thankfully to be blessed with a family whom I admire as well. We may be a cross between the Osbournes and the Simpsons but don't be fooled. When the chips are down I know they got my back. As we grow older I hope we grow closer.





My mom I thank for putting me on this little spinning orb. My odd nature, the way I look at life, and a need to investigate things that make people roll their eyes is because of her. She gets defensive when I tell her I get it from her as if I am blaming her. Hell, I am gratefully for it. It is an asset I hope to expand on.
Thanks mom.



My circle of friends is small but a more intelligent, funny, and quirky bunch can not be found. Each one brings something different into my life. Usually a smile, but a good kick in the ass when needed is there as well. I am thankfully for them as well.



The men and women who put it all on the line for us I am thankfully for as well. We can argue about the war but not what our troops, past and present do for us every day, usually unnoticed.

















And finally this little girl. Hopefully she will grow up to be as thankfull of her country, family, and friends as I am. As long a she still believes in these things and recognizes the blessing she is given ever day.............



















We're all gonna be alright.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home