Wednesday, October 12, 2005

I know. We know.


One of the things I am finding hard to deal with in the passing of my father is how to respond to family and friends calling with condolences.

My usual response is "I know".

It is an awkward situation for both parties. One party trying to find the words to say of how truly sorry they are for me and my families loss, and the other, awkwardly trying to find the words of acceptance.

Those who me, my wife, and my family hold dear have always been there for us throughout this whole situation. Knowing that has been comforting enough. To actually hear the words, for me, almost seems to much. Odd I know, but I have no doubt where our family and friends hearts lay. It is the reason I call friends "friends"and why I consider them family also. Many of these very people knew my father. Some worked with him daily. Others knew him or of him from afar. In all cases they respected the man. My personal loss, my families loss, is their loss also.

Maybe by proportion me and my families portions of the "loss pie" are greater then the others but I have no doubt that the very people who call me to say "sorry" are suffering a slice of it also.

To you I say:
We are sorry for your loss as well.

Thank you for the love. Just wanted you to know its right back attya.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home