Saturday, October 08, 2005

Simplicity.....



Seeing how it did nothing but pour all day I spent a lot of time on the web building up links for this blog, trying to fix my NAVBAR, and cruising some photography galleries on line. On stop was Photo District News and its emerging photographer series.

I am no one of photographic note. A professional art critic I am not. But one thing struck me as I viewed these emerging photogs portfolios.

They all for the most part look the same. Pumped up contrasted odd hued colors, composition for the most part that seems to be someone working very hard to make the image appear to be a snap shot without actually taking a snap shot. Some of them are full of so many little interesting distractions that I really have no clue as to what the point or subject is. Is it a feeling they want? The colors are the subjects or there is no subject and that is the beauty of it? What am I missing?

What happened to subtle simple beauty well composed and presented?

Anyone? Anyone?

Bueller?

Bueller?


Photo: Kodak TCN 400. Duotone added in photoshop. Levels slightly adjsted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home