Thursday, December 22, 2005

My latest thang.......

I have nothing new to put up and probably wont until after Christmas. So I was thinking.............

I want to start posting up photos of photographers I like. Wax on about why I like them and maybe get some others to do the same.

So without further delay.......



Steve McCurry:
Probably one of the most famous photos to ever adorn the cover of National Geographic. If I am not mistaken he took this image in the mid-80's. The girl I know was an Afghan. A refugee.

Like everyone else its the girls eyes that make the shot. They hold your stare. Almost as if she is searching the soul of the viewer as they search hers. The lighting is perfect as is everything else about it. I know Mr. McCurry went back and re-shot this young girl as the woman she had become. I remember watching it. I think it was National Geographic Explorer.

I wonder if Mr. McCurry knew he had a career defining shot when he saw it developed and printed?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home